Tuesday, June 8, 2010

3 days to go...are you ready?

Less than 3 days to go...and it's getting very exciting!  I'm about to go out and hire a 2nd DVR from our cable provider (just for a month!) so I can record all the games on a second TV, and therefore keep the mrs happy! If you're married, and a sport's fan then you'll know that Happy Wife = Happy Life!!  Kick-off times are reasonably civilized for those of us on Pacific time - most games are 11.30am, or 7.00am, but unfortunately some start at 4.30am - and so the DVR will come in very handy! 

I'm dusting off the various England t-shirts and tops I've accumulated over the years, including a few specially purchased new ones!   I think I have enough for a different shirt for 7 games - wow that's enough to take me all the way to the final!  Sorted...ah but then I have to think about the superstition element - what if they play well when I'm wearing one particular shirt? Should I keep using that one...it's vital to England's success! And what about boxers...one lucky pair or seven...?

What other preparations?? The beer fridge is full and chilling nicely! Oh, and apparently the mrs is out buying wine...hope she's not expecting to get it in the fridge! :)   

My diary already contains all possible dates that England will be playing, all the way through to the final (or heaven forbid - 3rd/4th place play-off). If they make it to the Quarters, we'll be in Las Vegas for a meeting so we booked an extra night so as not to be travelling during game time - I'm pretty sure I won't find Radio Five Live for radio commentary in the car driving through the Arizona/Nevada deserts...  


The Union Jack flag is being prepared (unfortunately I don't have a St George's flag!) and that will be draped from an upstairs window (out of reach of those troublesome Yanks!) before every England game, but especially for this Saturday's face-off against those with whom we have a special relationship!  Just not this weekend! A picture will follow!  NEWSFLASH - Just discovered I do have a St George's flag - the current Mrs Rowe reminded me when digging out her Argentina flag...! Result, other than the Argentine flag that we may also have to display on occasion!! 

So I think I'm ready...are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment