Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fab's Friday!

On the eve of the next round of games for England and the US, here's a quick 4 minute highlight package of the England v US game from last week as a reminder. Personally I think that results (France, Italy and Spain spring to mind) this week have shown that this was not a bad point for England. Had we not created chances I'd be more concerned...but tomorrow is a must win game for both the US and England if they are to progress to the last 16.

Who will play in goal for England against Algeria? Hopefully David James, although I think Fab might stick with Green. Barry will come in for Milner, allowing Gerrard to play down the left, although I think Gerrard was excellent against the US, so hopefully this switch won't make him revert to type...i.e. poor performances in an England shirt.

I'd like to see Crouch on for Heskey; Heskey set up England's goal, and generally did well, but he is just not a goal threat as the one-on-one that he fluffed clearly demonstrated. I would also have Upson or Dawson in for the injured King rather than Carragher. So this would be my team - James, Johnson, Terry, Dawson, Cole, Barry, Gerrard, Lampard, Lennon, Rooney, Crouch... Prediction 2-0 to England...(gulp!)

No comments:

Post a Comment